Eventide Physion (formerly Fission) uses the company’s innovative Structural Effects technology, a new, patent-pending technique that cleanly splits a sound into tonal and transient components, letting you process and manipulate each structural component independently before recombining them. Blaze new sonic frontiers with world-class Eventide multi-effects for a wide universe of sonic possibilities, from subtle to extreme.
Sound design with Physion
Physion is a powerful tool for sound designers, and it’s easy to use. The split controls remove the tonal echo from an impulse or the transients from a strummed instrument. What’s left behind are the pure sound washes — which you can then go to work on. Compress the tonal tail of a percussive sound to nudge it forward, or use Physion’s pitch effect to create a lush chord — all without impacting the punch and immediacy of the transient!
Drum tuning with Physion
Physion lets you easily re-tune a drum without affecting the transient. Delay the transient crack of a rimshot while leaving the tonal ring untouched. Solo the transients to tighten up a sound or add compression to tighten it further.
Transient shaping with Physion
Eventide Physion is no traditional transient shaper. Capable of both natural and outrageous, otherworldly results, Physion is a transient “separator” that goes way beyond what has been possible with any other software. At Sweetwater, we’re excited about Eventide Physion. Just imagine the possibilities!
Eventide Physion Features:
- Uses Eventide’s Structural Effects technology
- Cleanly splits a sound into tonal and transient components
- Lets you process each structural component independently before recombining them
- Radically re-shape a sound by soloing the Tonal and Transient channels
- Tighten up drums by dropping the tonal section, or tune a guitar into an ambient sweep by losing the transients
- Split, modify and reassemble any sound
- Fine-tune the split using four “Structural Split” controls
- 6 available Transient effects: Delay, Tap Delay, Dynamics, Phaser, Reverb, Gate, and EQ
- 7 available Tonal effects: Delay, Compressor, Pitch, Chorus, Reverb, Tremolo, and EQ
- Waveform display for clear real-time tracking of Transient/Tonal audio
- Artists presets from Richard Devine, Chris Carter, Suzanne Ciani, Joe Chiccarelli, John Agnello, Stewart Lerman, Steve Rosenthal, Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith, and more
- iLok user account required; iLok hardware dongle optional